Saturday, April 21, 2007

Symposium = Good Times

So today we had our writing symposium, and it was surprisingly nice. Our professor was the one that put the whole shindig on, and she did a great job --- I think it was a big success.

I have become mildly obsessed with my class lately, so it was great to hang out with them -- we even proposed to have a class bowling trip, how cute are we? I was really impressed by how we all pulled our things together, and I think we impressed our audience. I most enjoyed sitting at my post looking at my fellow classmates talking to their audience. Everyone was SO into it, and was so excited to tell someone else about their topic. I think that speaks highly of our class, our professor, and our selves for pickinging topics that really strike our core.

Aside from our class being amazing, I really enjoyed the feedback I recieved. I was given great ideas that I can tie into my paper, and as I talked about my issue it really solidified my thesis and gave me great ideas to take with me in revising my paper. All in all today was a great and very productive day!

**Regarding the other presentation I went to, it was very interesting, and (although at first I thought it was lame the our professor was making us see another one) I enjoyed it and learned from it. Most of all I was glad I was a part of the symposium, and I was really glad our whole class decided to do this together!

1 comment:

caroline said...

I LOVE BOWLING! Maybe I can drum up some Writing Program funds to sponsor a field trip.